Who to Contact for a Lost Passport

Please, provide detailed answers to all questions, sign, and submit Form DS-64, Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport, to:

US Department of State
Passport Services
Consular Lost/Stolen Passport Section
1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036

Or call us 24 hours/day at: (202) 955-0430
Voice mail – For non-business hours, Eastern Time


The information you provide on the DS-64, Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport will be entered in our Consular Lost/Stolen Passport System.


Report a lost or stolen valid passport immediately!

  • For passports lost or stolen overseas, please contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
  • Passports reported lost or stolen are invalidated and can no longer be used for travel.
  • If you recover the passport after you have reported it lost or stolen, please submit it to the address listed above. When you submit it, if requested – we will cancel it and return it to you. If not requested, it will be destroyed.
  • Once a passport is reported lost or stolen, it cannot be re-validated.